Monday, June 21, 2010

How to make a podcast for free

I know it's been a long time since I've blogged about Social Media, but this one's long overdue. I've discovered that it's very easy to record a podcast inteview and add it to your blog... all for free.

First, to record a call, use FreeConferencePro.com. Once you sign up, you can schedule conference calls and record them using *9. FreeConferencePro will give you both the .mp3 file and the .wav file of the recordings which you can save to your hard drive. Even though you have both available, I only use the .mp3 files for the next part.

Get an account on DivShare.com and then you're able to upload the .mp3 file that you just saved. Press the "share" button and DivShare will give you the html code for the audio player with your recording.

The final step is to copy the html code and paste it into the html of your blogging editor. If you use blogger, go to the "Edit Html" tab and paste the code where you'd like your audio player to show up.

It's all very simple! In fact, I did this all today on my Lessons of Love podcast interview with LifeBytes editors. (I've disappeared from this blog because I've been too busy promoting The Laptop Dancer Diaries with my other blog.)

If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or send me an email and I'd be happy to try and help.

Now get out there and make your own podcasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

/* Amazon Affiliate */