Thursday, August 20, 2009

Woo Hoo! Second Place in Job Mob's Guest Blogging Contest!

It's been an incredibly busy and productive week and there's so much I want to share, but for now I'll stick to one topic: How I got to 2nd place in Job Mob's Guest Blogging Contest with my entry on Networking!

The way it worked was that participants needed to write an original post and publish it on the Job Mob blog. Then I'd promote it to all my networks. The person with the most visitors wins the contest.

So, I wrote my article: 7 Quick Rules for Networking To Your Next Job and sent it to Jason Share who posted it to the Job Mob site. Since Networking is pertinent to the many LinkedIn groups that I'm a member of, I felt it was entirely appropriate to promote that article via the groups "News" sections. This is very easy to do in LinkedIn! You simply include the URL in News and then it goes out to all the group members in the next LinkedIn update.

So today (the final day of the contest) I checked the rankings and find that I'm in second place with 779 visitors to that article! This was helped by 19 ReTweets (visitors that felt the article was worth sharing via Twitter.) I'm not sure what time the contest officially ends but first place is 1866 visitors and third place is 355 visitors, so I'm in pretty solid standing for second place. But if you want to help me further (as well as learn 7 quick rules about networking) go ahead and check it out! (Do you think I've included the link enough times in this post?)

I always feel a little 'iffy' about promoting my blog posts. I don't want to be guilty of constantly asking people to 'read my stuff.' However, again, I didn't worry at all about that with using LinkedIn News. As long as the post reflects something that is pertinent to that group, it's perfectly acceptable to promote it using that option! So if you're trying to figure out a way to get more readers for your blog, join a LinkedIn group that's relevant and promote it via the News section!

No comments:

Post a Comment

/* Amazon Affiliate */